China and it's internet
In Shanghai we were blocked from YOUtube, Facebook, Twitter, and worst of all, blogger. China blocks all these internet sites because they want to control what people say to the rest of the world. For most of our time in China, we had Gmail, but for the last few days, we couldnt because it was blocked. We didn't know why, but we hope to find out soon. Ok, i'm getting a bit off topic. I'm just gonna start talking about Shanghai now.
Arriving in Shanghai
When we arrived, we got picked up by the driver of our great friends the Bessler-Baums' who took us to their house, and we hung out there until the three kids got back from their school, which is called SCIS, or Shanghai Community International School. Next, the oldest child, Eli showed me his room, and we used his laptop. After that, the youngest child, Sam, showed me his pokemon, silly bandz, and laptop. After that, the middle child, Max, showed me this mock YOUtube that China has, called youku, and surprisingly, many of the videos I've seen on YOUtube, were on youku! Finally, we went to our hotel room, and had dinner, and I went back to the Bessler-Baums' house because i was going to Eli's class and school the next day.
| Obama as Chairman Mao, the first communist leader of China |
| Shanghai skyscrapers |
Going to SCIS
In the morning we had breakfast, and I borrowed one of Eli's school uniforms and we got on the bus to go to school. When at school, a lot of the day was free time because it was the last day before a break, so I wasn't too bored. It was amazing to see all these kids from around the world, coming together with one language, English. I made friends with people from Japan, Ireland, America, and many more places.
SCIS website: http://www.scischina.org/




where did you post this from if you could not use bloger in china
ReplyDelete