Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The lamest summer camp EVER!

I haven't been keeping up with my blog,  But this post will be about the first summer camp I went to this summer.

On the first day of this camp, I didn't know what to expect except that most of the kids would probably only speak Hebrew.  Well, I was right!  On my first week out of three weeks, I sort of figured out what happened each day which started off with playing an Israeli dodgeball game called Chaye Sarah.  Here you may have played the same game except called Hamomo.  Then we sang songs - BOOORING!  Then we would have one activity which was different each day.  I'd have to say the coolest one was trying to pop each other's balloons with toothpicks.  The activities were generally lame.  Like on one day we were supposed to be making pizza.  But making pizza was taking a hot dog bun, putting ketchup on it, putting cheddar cheese on it, and then putting it in the microwave for two minutes.  YUCK! 

All of the instructions at the camp were in Hebrew so we had to get one out of four English/Hebrew speakers to translate for us or we had to ask the counselors.  After the activity, we would swim in the pool for three hours and then go home.  Lame-O.  Plus there was one water slide but it was so slow that you had to push yourself along as you slid.  And the line took forever!

Instead of having a third week at this camp I decided to switch to the other camp that I was going to go to a week early so I would go to that camp for four weeks instead of three.  The camp I went to was called Camp Shelanu which in English means Camp That Belongs To Us.

signed,


No comments:

Post a Comment